Online Comic Book Workshops
Learn how to make your very own comics!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I have to have any experience? No, all level of artists are welcome. But you do need to be ready to do a lot of drawing!
- How much is the workshop? Free!
- Who can participate? The upcoming workshop is being offered to students in grades 6-12 in the four SRSLY communities of Chelsea, Dexter, Manchester and Stockbridge.
- Who is teaching the workshops? Jerzy Drozd is a professional cartoonist, author of several comic books, and a teaching artist. He is also the author of the CPTN SRSLY comic books.
- Do I need any supplies? For the first few weeks, you will just need a pencil and paper. You will also need a device to connect to Zoom (such as a computer, laptop, phone, or tablet). We will be sending you some additional supplies that you will use in the later weeks of the workshop.
- I see this is being sponsored by SRSLY, so will my comic have to be about preventing youth drug and alcohol use? No, you will be allowed to draw comics about whatever you want! (as long as it is school appropriate, of course).
- Middle & High School Workshop
Who: Open to all Dexter, Chelsea, Manchester, and Stockbridge students entering grades 6-12 in the 2021-22 school year
When: Mondays, June 21 - August 9 from 2-3:30pm
Questions or to register: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here (online form link)
*The high school comic workshop scheduled to start on Tuesday, June 22 has been canceled. We have decided to combine middle and high school students into one workshop. Please check out the information and regiser link above.
GUIDING GOOD CHOICES
Parents - Are you feeling prepared for the teens years? Interested in creating a deeper bond with your youth?
The Guiding Good Choices workshop helps parents and guardians with communication, bonding, and setting rules and boundaries. This free five-week program is proven to reduce substance abuse and other problematic behaviors among kids whose parent or guardian participates.
Visit our Guiding Good Choices page to learn more and register for an upcoming workshop. Sign up for our email list to be notified about upcoming workshops.